Dumping Day 2021
Join hundreds of local residents at 5:30 am (yes, we know it’s early!) as they celebrate the start of the season for Canada’s largest lobster fishery. Bring your flashlights and be part of a community wishing “safe travels and good luck” to the hundreds of boats heading out.
Current Planned Dumping Day: Earliest date - Wednesday, December 1st
Climb the Light on Dumping Day
Climb the lighthouse tower for a fantastic view of the boats leaving the harbor. Free tower climbs from 6:30 am to 7:30 am, participants must be at least 48" tall and weigh less than 250 lbs, and must sign a waiver, wear a mask and provide proof of vaccination. A limited number of participants will be able to climb. For more information please contact us at email@example.com
What else is happening!
- Coffee and sweets provided by Coastal Financial
- Live broadcast from CJLS from 5:30 to 7:30 am
- Proclamation from the Town Crier and Blessing of Fleet by Reverend Newell
- Outdoor only event, no proof of vaccination required unless you're climbing the light. Social distancing and masks are recommended.
- Live stream available on the Cape Forchu and Municipality of the District of Yarmouth Facebook pages
Dumping Day is typically held on the last Monday of November in Yarmouth & Acadian Shores. Due to weather, this may move up to two days earlier (Saturday, Nov 27th) or be postponed later. Please note the date is flexible and it is recommended to check back for regular updates or contact us.
Please note, no washroom facilities will available on-site due to site winterization.